Flirc Forums

Flirc only works on rpi?

xaph

Hi!

I just watched a youtube video of a guy using flirc on raspberry pi and I was just wondering

if this little device works on a regular computer aswell? I have a fractal design node 605 for my

HTPC and I wanted a nice solution for controlling XBMC.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my "noobish" question!

Anything with a USB port, Amazon Fire TV, xbox 360, playstation, computers, raspberry pi's, etc.

Just do the pairing on a supported operating system and you can plug it into anyone of those with no additional software needed. It will work with your previously paired remote.

• Like 1

Anything with a USB port, Amazon Fire TV, xbox 360, playstation, computers, raspberry pi's, etc.

Just do the pairing on a supported operating system and you can plug it into anyone of those with no additional software needed. It will work with your previously paired remote.

Wow, a really quick answer! Thanks!

Two more additional questions:

You said "supported operating system" - where do I find information about this?

And can I have this flirc-advice on the back of my computer and it will still register what I do on my remote? Or do I have to have it in a front USB port?

It's sensitive, anywhere that the light can bounce. Mine is behind my computer, behind my TV, never misses a press. 

http://flirc.tv/downloads

You can pair it on everything:

windows, linux, mac.

I've fixed all the issues so it should work on all versions of windows and the mac (excluding PPC). Any distro on linux is supported, and the rasperry pi supports the commandline interface and xbmc plugin. 

• Like 1

It's sensitive, anywhere that the light can bounce. Mine is behind my computer, behind my TV, never misses a press. 

http://flirc.tv/downloads

You can pair it on everything:

windows, linux, mac.

I've fixed all the issues so it should work on all versions of windows and the mac (excluding PPC). Any distro on linux is supported, and the rasperry pi supports the commandline interface and xbmc plugin. 

I will be using it on http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-605 (check the images if you want)

So I will have my usb ports behind and the computer will be below the TV, so it will probably work.

I will do a little more reading on this product and maybe get one of these!

Thanks alot for quick answers, I really appreciate it!