Flirc Forums

Map the Menu Key?

sspectre

The Fire TV? That's the exact same reason I was asking. Thanks for the help; having the menu key mapped works perfectly.

Did you actually do it? I can't seem to find any account of anyone getting it to work on a Fire TV. You can actually use HDMI-CEC to get play, stop, back ( rewind button on my TV), select but I haven't been able to get Home, options nor fastforward/rewind.

Philip

Did you actually do it? I can't seem to find any account of anyone getting it to work on a Fire TV. You can actually use HDMI-CEC to get play, stop, back ( rewind button on my TV), select but I haven't been able to get Home, options nor fastforward/rewind.

Philip

Yes I added it the other night and it worked using the menu key. Ctrl-Esc is another option for the menu key but it has issues with duplicate keypresses and sometimes the Fire TV just picks up Esc (which works as the back button).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here!

I recently bought an Amazon fireTV and love it except for the remote!  It is bluetooth and I can't use my URC 980 programable IR remote with it since there are no IR commands to learn and no IR input.

So Flirc comes to the rescue! I have programmed everything that I need except the "Menu" key.

This thread discusses it but seems to assume a level of knowledge that I don't have.

Can someone please post some info on how to use the command line app and where to find it?

I'm using Flirc 1.2.5 and firmware 2.3 on a Win 8 64 bit PC.