Flirc Forums

Acer Remote Control KWR113201/01B with Flirc and xbmc

LEDFan

Hi, I wonder if anybody use this remote here with xbmc: Acer Remote Control KWR113201/01B with a Flirc USB IR Remote receiver? On one side, you have a remote and on the other side, there is a keyboard.

Here are some pictures and a link for it: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/331140068910?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'm wondering which template to choose to configure the keys. If I choose xbmc config, how will I map the other side of the remote (the keyboard) and if I use the full keyboard template, how will I map the other side (regular remote). I would like to use both sides of my remote...

Front:
En39bYM.jpg

Back:
aP2Bo3v.jpg

The software doesn't just load a template into the device, there are way too many different remote manufacturers for this to be a viable option,  you manually program each computer key to a button on your remote.  IE: you're in the XBMC remote in the Flirc GUI, all this does is give you virtual buttons on the screen like "Play" that is already tied to the corresponding keyboard button "P".  Found Here

Using the Full Keyboard view you will need to program each letter on the back of your remote to the corresponding letter on the full keyboard view.  I know it takes awhile, but it works once you've done it. I've done it, it was worth it.  

If you're using XBMC be sure to check the box in the settings "Remote sends keyboard commands", or something similar.

Also, the VIZIO equivalent, for the same base price and around $10 cheaper on shipping with most sellers.