Flirc Forums

Request for Feature: Map from Specific IR Hex Code

benjs

Hi there!

I have an RTI dealer-programmed universal remote, which I'd love to use with Plex via FLIRC.

The RTI communicates via RF to a controller box, which sends pre-entered IR codes via IR emitters placed on each component. When a command is entered on the remote, all of the IR emitters push the same signal to every component.

To minimize interference (and my understanding is that this would apply to many dealer-configured universal remote setups), it would be great to specify non-assigned IR hex codes to map to keys. In other words, when I select 'shift+W', present me with a prompt to manually input an IR hex code, as opposed to simply activating FLIRC to listen for an IR signal (which relies on having a specific remote already). If this could be done, it would be a TREMENDOUS help for anyone planning on utilizing customized universal remotes.

In any case - thank you for creating such a straight-forward solution to such a silly problem.  

If I'm understanding you correctly, you manually program these Hex codes into your remote. Correct?

If so:  Then you could simply program new, unused, codes into your remote, setup the Flirc under its own IR blaster, and then proceed to press the buttons on your remote that correspond to your custom codes.

Rather than typing that stuff into your remote and then typing it again into the Flirc's programming.  Push 2 buttons via UI, or type numerous keys to input a Hex code....

If I'm understanding you correctly, you manually program these Hex codes into your remote. Correct?

If so:  Then you could simply program new, unused, codes into your remote, setup the Flirc under its own IR blaster, and then proceed to press the buttons on your remote that correspond to your custom codes.

Rather than typing that stuff into your remote and then typing it again into the Flirc's programming.  Push 2 buttons via UI, or type numerous keys to input a Hex code....

Gotcha! That's exactly it, and that solution makes perfect sense. Thanks for your help - I'm new to all of this.