Flirc Forums

Flirc Sleep/Wake again!

moutazsalem

Hi Everyone,

i can't seem to get Sleep/Wake feature to run on my HTPC using Flirc and Harmony Smart Control, i have XBMC installed on Linux Mint 16.

here is the steps i followed:

1- i have updated Flirc's firmware to 2.3 which is the latest version.

2- added the Flirc XBMC profile on the Harmony Smart Control.

3- started my HTPC and XBMC would boot automatically.

4- nice surprise!!! everything is working like a dream, now press the "off" button on the harmony...nothing happened (except other devices went off) the HTPC is still up.

5- used the harmony remote to let XBMC go to sleep (using menus), the HTPC slept with no problems.

6- pressed the power button on the Flirc Harmony profile (using the mobile app) the HTPC won't wake from sleep.

7- using a physical keyboard, i could get the HTPC to wake up with any key press.

now, am i missing something?

thanks

It sounds like you didn't program the Harmony Power button to anything.  Did you press any other buttons on the remote to try and wake the HTPC?    I don't know why I'm posting here, I haven't even tested this feature.  I just hit the physical power button on my HTPC, as I walk by it, when I get home from work.

Thanks DEADPOOL for your reply:

1- actually i didn't program any button to make it work, i just installed the ready made XBMC profile for the Flirc dongle.

2- yes, i have tried pressing any button, no luck.

i wanted to add that i made sure that Flirc is inserted to a constantly powered USB port.

i still have no luck!

• 1 month later...