Flirc Forums

One For All Smart Control 7960

mrbcsimpson

I have had little to no luck programming the Flirc with this control.

I have programmed the handset with a random TV code, then programmed the Flirc with this for XBMC on the RaspberryPi

- If down is pressed, the item on the screen will scroll all the way to the bottom and the same with up

- If you try and press buttons in quick succession then you have to press several times for this, slowly (I have changed the key press settings in the program)

- When the program is used to programme the Flirc, it repeatedly says that the button is already in use, even though I start from scratch each time

3e0e219f60b416bd2b68990ccffd625a_4d38cf8

This is all on a MacBook Pro running Mavericks and a Dell 11Z running Windows 8

This remote does have a circular up, down, left, right button that is part of one circle so perhaps this could be an issue?

Get a different remote. Not worth the hassle.

Sony makes a multi-device remote, for instance, with all the buttons and arrows, etc. that you'll ever need for like $15. I've had trouble with the cheap multi-device RCA remotes, but for the price ($10-$20) you might want to try one of those. Or, ask your friends and neighbors, etc. if they have an old remote lying around the house that they don't need anymore. Most people would be happy to get rid of one.

Just don't think that you *have* to spend 300 bucks on a Harmony or something.

Get a different remote. Not worth the hassle.

Sony makes a multi-device remote, for instance, with all the buttons and arrows, etc. that you'll ever need for like $15. I've had trouble with the cheap multi-device RCA remotes, but for the price ($10-$20) you might want to try one of those. Or, ask your friends and neighbors, etc. if they have an old remote lying around the house that they don't need anymore. Most people would be happy to get rid of one.

Just don't think that you *have* to spend 300 bucks on a Harmony or something.

Thanks for the recommendation, I think that I'll just purchase a new one.